Posted on May 23rd, 2014
Friday 23 May, 2014 – Living Aveda Blog – LivingAveda
It’s no secret that stress can sabotage even our best efforts to be happy and healthy. With a little help from Marc Zollicoffer, Aveda Director of Spa Education, we compiled a quick cheat sheet of 5 simple, stress-relieving tips to help put us on the path to greater well-being.
1. Just breathe: Deep breathing is scientifically proven to soothe worried minds. Yoga practitioners have used pranayama, which means control of the life force (breath), as a tool for positively affecting both the mind and body for thousands of years.
2. And remember to inhale: Our Aveda Stress-Fix™ aroma includes essences of certified organic calming French lavender, clary sage and lavindin. The newest way to experience this proven peace-promoting aroma is in new Aveda Stress-Fix™ Body Creme that’s designed to deeply hydrate skin for 24 hours, while easing anxious outlooks.
3. Get rubbed the right way: Think a massage is a luxury? Think again. Studies suggest it could play a vital part in mitigating stress and warding off certain diseases.
4. Stay in the present: “Stress is rarely in the here and now,” says Marc Zollicoffer, Aveda Director of Spa Education. “It’s usually caused by living in the past or worrying about the future. Directing our energies to events at hand rather than dwelling on things that have already happened or those that may or may not, can go far in altering our attitudes.”
5. Think of someone you love: “When we conjure up images of a person we love, we actually affect a positive change on our bodies and emotions,” Zollicoffer says. “The idea is to try and hold onto those feelings of serenity even when we are not thinking about that person.”